The accessibility of cases and resource materials should not be a problem for those interested in adding cases to their teaching strategies. We hope to build an annotated list of links for our community. We welcome suggestions for additional sites.
Cases in the Sciences
National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/
- Clearinghouse for Case Studies in Science (STEM)
PBL Clearinghouse https://primus.nss.udel.edu/Pbl/
- A collection of problems and articles to assist educators in using problem-based learning.
CASES Online http://www.cse.emory.edu/cases/
- More than fifty investigative lessons or “cases,” for K-12, undergraduate, and graduate science. Free registration enables you to download cases and support materials.
Investigative Case-Based Learning http://bioquest.org/icbl/
- Case modules developed by faculty participants in the Investigative Case-Based Learning workshops.
Case It! 2012 http://www2.uwrf.edu/caseit/
- This simulation enables students to explore molecular data with a variety of biotechnological tools within the context of short cases. Students can also input their own data as they extend or make new cases.
Native Cases Website http://nativecases.evergreen.
- The mission of the Enduring Legacies Native Cases Initiative is to develop culturally relevant curriculum and teaching resources in the form of case studies on key issues in Indian Country.
Open Educational Resources (OER) http://www.oercommons.org/browse/collection/case-study-teaching-in-science
- These resources have been collected for case study teaching in science and are open for comments by OER users.
Using Investigative Cases in Geoscience http://serc.carleton.edu/introgeo/icbl/
- Introduction to using ICBL in the classroom with case examples.