Describing your project (4 posts)

• Profile picture of Pat Marsteller Pat Marsteller said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Please can you each post a description of your topic

• Profile picture of Carlos C. Goller Deleted User said 5 years ago:

I’m working with the YourWildLife.org and NCSU Biotechnology faculty to develop a series of cases that focus on the data analysis skills, broader implications, and ethical issues of metagenomic studies. I’m hoping to test out one data analysis activity with my metagenomics course in November, and then tailor the other cases for a graduate bioethics course.

• Profile picture of Melissa Birkett Deleted User said 5 years ago:

I am working on developing case studies for neuroscience application to mental illness at the graduate level this semester. The content of the case studies is derived from DSM-V Clinical Cases (a published book). I’m currently working on the learning outcomes and assessments. The case studies will be implemented twice this semester.

• Profile picture of Kristen Short Deleted User said 4 years, 12 months ago:

I’m hoping to test whether the use of case studies in my molecular biology course stimulates interest in topics for certain groups of students, for example, those who gravitate more toward deep or surface learning, or those who are more or less certain about their career choices. I’m also hoping to see how retention of case details and abstract concepts is influenced by case use. I’m not developing my own cases (not exactly sure how to do that), but using cases on the website and adapting them for my course.

Skip to toolbar