SCN Workshop Resources (2012-2013)
We might as well face it… We cannot attend every case study and PBL workshop we wish to. Workshops are excellent opportunities for both professional development and collaboration with our peers, yet most of us feel fortunate to be able to attend 1 or 2 workshops a year.
To these ends, SCN has initiated a community outreach project for workshop presenters who wish to provide access to their resources. SCN members can still benefit from access to workshop topics, the presentations, selected data and tools, and participant products even if they can not participate in the event itself.
We will also feature SCN outreach efforts at workshops both here in the US and abroad.
- 1. UW-Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Exploring Global Connections with Cases
- 2. UW-Madison Instructional Materials Development Exploring Evolution with Cases
- 3. Singapore National Institute of Education Teaching Science with Cases: Developing 21st Century Competencies 2012 workshop series.
- 4. BioQUEST Summer 2012 Workshop Making a Difference with Data
- 5. Introductory Biology Project SCN Symposium and Poster
- 6. IUBS Commission for Biology Education Exploring Sustainability Issues while Addressing 21st Century Skills in the Classroom
- 7. SCN Networking Strategies Using Case Studies, Reaching Diverse Audiences, Addressing Faculty and Future Faculty Development,and Spanning the Biology Curriculum Continuum
- 8. NCCSTS Fall Conference: Plenary Workshop September 21, 2012 at Buffalo, NY
- 9. ACUBE 2012 Keynote and Investigative Case Workshop October 19 at Lakeland College in Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 10. Using Cases to Teach Biology October 18, 2012 at University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- 11. Singapore National Institute of Education Teaching Science with Cases: Developing 21st Century Competencies 2013 workshop series.
- 12. SCN Networking 2013 event in collaboration with the ASMCUE: Twenty Years of Vision, Change and Leadership Conference in Englewood, Colorado.